Saturday 23 November 2013

Lindy's Startbursts : a tutorial

Hey everyone

Hope you've all been having fun crafting! I certainly am and also enjoying the many many new products that I've got from LULUPU!! :)


As promised, when i launched the challenge for this fortnight-Magical memories here is a tutorial on how to create backgrounds using Lindy's starburst sprays! :) They're very versatile and give this gorgeous shimmer along with an equally yummy colour as well :)


Gather up the following -
1.CS
2.Lindys sprays of your choice
3.background stamp
4.Gesso
5.archival ink/memento ink
6.stencils
7.modelling paste
8.sponge/dauber

For the first one i just sprayed the colours randomly, dried it with my heat gun and then stamped the Background stamp. simple :) the pics dont do justice to the gorgeous colour/shimmer..


For the next one, i simply placed my stencil cross and then using the dauber inked the stencil. After drying it, I sprayed with my lindys starburst and look at the yummy shine!!

For the next one I used my harlequin stencil and some modelling paste. Then placed my paper into my clearsnap colour catcher! its this little open cardboard box that prevents all the spray from hitting any other surface. super useful!! Then one light coat of gesso and then the sprays.. :)






These sprays are very multifunctional and can be used on a number of surfaces. If one simply applies gesso on a background, the spray will absorb easily.

Thats it from me for today, dont forget to share your magical memory at challenge #21 with us! :)

supplies used






2 comments:

  1. Lovely tutorial hon !
    I am so gonna try it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great pratiksha… thanks for the tutee..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.